Cooking time 40min Difficulty ★★★★
Chawan-mushi is a traditional Japanese appetizer made from steamed savory egg custard and full of fillings. Everyone, from children to the elderly, loves chawan-mushi.
|Peel of Yuzu||as you like|
|Mitsuba||as you like|
How to make CHAWAN-MUSHI
- Cut chicken into bite-size pieces.
- Peel prawn and remove the digestive tract from the back of the prawn.
- Cut and remove the ferrule of Shiitake-mushrooms. Cut Shiitake-mushrooms into a half size.
- Crack Ginkgo shells and boil until the surfaces become clear.
- Put eggs, NOUKOU DASHITSUYU and water into a bowl and mix them. Strain with a sieve to make texture smooth.
- Put the fillings and egg liquid into serving cups (heat-resistant).
- Prepare steamer. After boiling, put the cups with top cover. Heat with high heat for 1 min and with low heat for 20 min.
- Push the surface lightly. If you find clear liquid, that's fine.
- (日本語) 軽く表面を押して、澄んだ汁が出てこればできあがり。